- Research – You need to spend time investigating which crowdfunding website is going to give you the biggest bang for your buck. We would suggest looking into the fine print to understand how a crowdfunding resource operates. There are some that take a higher percentage than others for instance. Different crowdfunding companies offer different approaches and you should take the time necessary to know what you are getting yourself into before signing up and choosing one.
- Campaign Goal – You need to be careful you don’t exceed your expectations. There have been countless filmmakers and bands that have simply asked for too much money for their campaign and were not able to raise the full amount, causing them to lose everything that had been raised. Set a realistic campaign goal, one that you will feel confident in reaching.
- What You’re Offering – The “what’s in it for me” approach is something you must pay attention to. Make your offerings juicy and this will provide the incentive to those supporters to maybe pay even more than they originally planned on giving.
- Give Details – be sure to provide enough solid information about your goals and why you are campaigning, to begin with. Creating and publishing a video and images are great marketing tools to get people behind your campaign. The more information you can provide, the better off you will be.
- Friendly Reminders – Don’t shy away from reaching out to friends and family. Every bit helps when it comes to raising money for your campaign. If you haven’t heard back from someone, reach out to them again and again in a kind manner, asking them for their support.
This is for those of you who are looking to record an album or finance your next film project via a crowdfunding campaign. There is more to just signing up for a free account on Kickstarter, Indie Go Go or Spark & Seed. It takes preparation and delivering your message in a clever minded way. The steps we share with you here at Lyghtly are designed to help you save time and execute accurately with what your crowdfunding needs are based on.